January is the perfect time to celebrate what’s working at your practice, while also focusing on what you can improve. Kick off 2019 on a positive note by recognizing the things that contribute to your success—financial strengths, the patient experience, clinical outcomes, etc. Engage your staff in conversation and feedback, and take the time to acknowledge those responsible for managing and maintaining smooth operations.
Also keep in mind that there’s always room for improvement at any practice. Identify the areas that continue to cause stress, bog down your office staff and adversely affect patients. Talk to your staff and solicit suggestions, then work with your team to prioritize the biggest challenges and concerns.
Here are some other tips for starting off the year right:
- Don’t sell yourself short. A benchmarking analysis is the best way to determine how your practice performance measures up expected performance according to national trends. It provides a snapshot of revenue performance compared to industry standards, offering confirmation that you’re financially healthy and identifying problems that can be addressed. Ultimately, your practice will run more efficiently if you know where you’re headed. You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
- Work smarter, not harder. As much as we might hate to admit it, updated technology is critical to consistent growth. Cloud-based services are more affordable and cost efficient than server-based applications. Medical dashboards put you in control with real-time information that’s easy to read and understand. Such state-of-the-art products improve workflow and staff efficiency and allow for more effective practice management, helping to maximize revenues.
- Trust the experts. When considering outside resources for your practice, focus on the big picture and the potential for long-term support. Look for professional certifications and broad experience, ask for demos and referrals, and research their track record and client histories. Multi-faceted full-service organizations offer affordable solutions with the flexibility to grow as needed.
Could your workflow and processes improve with a technology update? Ask yourself these questions:
- How efficiently is your administrative arm functioning?
- Is your staff overburdened with menial tasks?
- Are you still verifying healthcare insurance eligibility my making phone calls?
- Has the patient collections process become an exercise in frustration?
With the right technology, there are affordable and efficient solutions to improve your practice performance.
Do you need help developing a plan? Is there one area that needs immediate attention? We can help you get started.
Contact AssuranceMD today to find out how you can save money and add value to your practice.